Re: [TowerTalk] C3SS Question

To: "VO1HP" <fdavis@nfld.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C3SS Question
From: Stu Ritter <ritter@privatei.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 16:11:29 -0600

> I have purchased a C3SS sight unseen.  It is currently on the ground
> about two hours from here..  Elements removed from the boom but
> elements still assembled.  I want to try and bring this yagi home on
> my station wagon roof rack.  Can some one tell me about the centres
> of the linear loaded driven element and the linear loaded
> reflector.  Are the elements split or not.?  I assume the other
> elements are not split but I am not sure.  I want to do minimum
> disassembly of the longest elements .....but  I can't strap  27 ft
> elements to top of my car!......  What about the 12 ft boom how many
> pieces? etc....Does the manual have pictures to help in
> assembly ....if so a scan of these might answer all my questions.
>
> Thanks
> Frank VO1HP

I just finished assembly on a C4.
The 20 Meter driver is bolted together at a center insulator, as is
the 40M element on the C4.
Everything else is riveted.

To remove the rivets, according to the C3, C4 manual,
Use a 1/8 inch drill.
Run the drill slowly until the rivet head comes off
Remove the rivet head from the drill tip.
Drill through the hole.

The boom is several pieces that bolt together.

The manual has some photos and complete verbal descriptions.

Stu
N0LEF