Re: [TowerTalk] JB Weld

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] JB Weld
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:17:49 -0400

Perry - K4PWO wrote:
> JB Weld is RF "safe" (as they state on their Web site) and I have tested it
> (the old glass of water with a sample of JB Weld in the microwave test) and
> used it in RF environments.

Glad to hear that.  From all the descriptions I was seeing a conductive
material. It really is strong and if a good insulator at the desired
frequency it'd be easier to work with that resin and mill fiber for the
inexperienced.    I wonder how it holds up to UV as epoxy/fiberglass do
not do well with UV without a good protetorant.

73

Roger (K8RI)