Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi re-build question

To: Brian Machesney <nekvtster@gmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi re-build question
From: yetiguy@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 22:21:19 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Brian:

The adhesive tape residue can usually be removed using either (a) BBQ lighter
fluid, (b) paint thinner, or (c) naptha (mineral spirits). All are flammable.
Use in open air. All are about the same chemically, and work well as a solvent
for tape adhesive residue.

As soon as aluminum oxide (a natural insulator) is cleaned off, the aluminum
starts re-oxidizing. Immediately!  You could try using anti-oxidizing paste on
the aluminum tubing as you sand and polish the tubing  to keep air off the
bright metal. This compound is in electrical dept at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

Dennis K6IFB