Re: [TowerTalk] Quick Disconnect Suggestion

To: Rob Katz <rob.katz@thelegacycenter.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Quick Disconnect Suggestion
From: Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:24:24 -0700
You can get 8 Pin Molded Rubber Connectors here

*http://tinyurl.com/8-Pin-Molded-Connector

Click on *Molded Trailer
Connectors<http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/d174.html>
at top of page

They are sold with several lengths of heavy gauge wire

These were intended for auto trailer connectors but I have used them for
years reliably for connecting up antenna rotator cables  by coating the pins
with Penetrox ( No-A-Lox  etc ) and then
wrapping the closed connector with a couple layers of Scotch 33 Plus Black
electrical tape
and a non UV tie-wrap as a final safety to further cinch connector together
and keep
end of tape from ever unraveling though with Scotch 33 Plus tape that seldom
happens.

If anyone has had poor results in wet or extreme cold climates with this
method,
 let me know.....but in Southern CA area where we have neither, they seem to
work fine.

73, Dennis N6KI