Re: [TowerTalk] Quick Disconnect Suggestion

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Quick Disconnect Suggestion
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 05:50:51 -0400
For those using Cinch-Jones connectors and other connectors that seem
to develop intermittency problems over time - I have had very good
luck with the family of conductivity improvement chemicals made by
CAIG Laboratories.  For example, my rotators began to act flakey
because of some oxidation on the Jones plugs.  I put some CAIG
Progold GL on the male contacts, plugged and unplugged the connectors
a few times, and everything has been fine for years.  The chemicals
themselves are non-conductive, so they can be used even on very small
connectors, like microphone connectors or the DIN plugs I use for
control cables (they are rated at 1 amp, plenty of headroom for relay
control lines).

73, Pete N4ZR
New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com