[TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 25 tower

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 25 tower
From: "Mel Ming" <melm@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 21:31:42 -0700
I plan to put up a used Rohn 25 tower in the next couple of weeks. Just got
the permit today. The tower is in excellent shape, but I plan to brush any
rust areas and paint it before I install. Since the tower is cold galvanized
I want to use a good quality cold galvanized paint.

Questions:

1. It is my impression that Rustoleum is one of the cheaper quality cold
galvanized paints and LPS one of the better cold galvanized paints. Are
their brands you recommend and where can you buy them?

2. My wife would like me to paint it to match the house since it is
attached. What kind of paint should I use over the cold galvanized paint?

Thanks,

Mel

N7GCO