Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 25 tower

To: Mel Ming <melm@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 25 tower
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:46:06 -0700
When I installed my AN Wireless freestanding tower (heavily hot-dipped
galvanized) I wanted to paint it a flat dark color to make it less
visually obtrusive to the neighborhood.  The manufacturer suggested I
use a good grade of exterior latex paint.  I did a bunch of Google
searching and came up with the same recommendation, so that's what I did
and I've been very happy with the results.  The paint sticks fine and
the tower is very difficult to see from a distance.  See
http://ab7e.com/AB7E_Tower_Page_15.html for some pictures.

Painting the tower to match the house might look more attractive up
close, but painting it a flat dark color (dark brown, dark gray, etc)
will make it harder to see from a distance.

73,
Dave   AB7E