Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 25 tower

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>,Mel Ming <melm@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 25 tower
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:36:29 -0400
My Rohn 25 came to me used, painted alternate sections in orange and
white.  I used a professional power washer to remove as much of the
paint as possible, then painted the bare places with special primer
for galvanized metal and followed it with good latex exterior paint
as Dave suggests.  After 14 years there is a little superficial rust
on the horizontals where I have climbed it, but that is all.

73, Pete N4ZR
New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com