Re: [TowerTalk] Need Help-Triex H 354 Tower (Not LM 354)

To: kq6i@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need Help-Triex H 354 Tower (Not LM 354)
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 08:46:27 -0700
kq6i@arrl.net wrote:
> James
>. I'm having better luck at finding hen's teeth than suitable replacement
> pulley's.  Tashjian Towers Corporation is a joke for replacement parts.

"old"... "many years ago"

It's not surprising that it's hard to find exact replacement parts for a
decades old tower made in small quantities.  The mfr probably bought a
batch of pulleys and used them for the next 10 years, then when they ran
out, bought another batch, slightly different, modified the design, etc.

I wouldn't hold that against the mfr.  I don't expect Nissan to still
make all the obscure replacement parts for my 30 year old 280Z, and that
was for a product made by the millions.

That said, I'm surprised that you can't find pulleys that are a very
close match if you go to a specialty distributor like Applied.com
(formerly King Bearing) (Not that they'll actually have pulleys, but
that's the kind of place you need... they have thousands and thousands
of parts of every conceivable size and shape)

What about McMaster-Carr or W.W. Grainger?