[TowerTalk] Circular polarized 2M antenna matching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Circular polarized 2M antenna matching
From: "K6QD" <k6qd@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:08:11 -0700
I have recently been given what appears to be an M^2 circular polarized 2M
antenna.  Its configuration is two 6-element yagi?s mounted 90º to each
other and offset by lambda/4.  Each yagi has a dual driven element (two
split dipoles driven out of phase).  There is some type of phasing harness
that connects the two dual driven elements that uses two parallel conductors
(~lambda/4 long) coaxially surrounded by a braid shield (I can?t read the RG
#) that terminate in a center molded assembly with a single SO-239.  The
antenna itself is in excellent condx but the phasing harness has
deteriorated.  Can anyone identify this antenna and provide some insight
regarding duplication/replacement of the phasing assembly?  (The Ant. Hdbk.
appears to have a number of alternatives.)  If required, I can supply
digital photos.

Tks es 73,

Mike K6QD