Re: [TowerTalk] City attempts to shut down ham radio .... !!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] City attempts to shut down ham radio .... !!
From: "Dave LaBat" <labatd@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 11:40:10 -0700
Ok, their presentation is a little "different" but perhaps the esteemed
members of this list would like to read the city of Palmdale's proposal that
is going before the city council tonight. The recommendation and
justification is at
http://www.cityofpalmdale.org/city_hall/Planning/2009-07/AMeeting/spl70978h.pdf
it is more than a little scary. The contention of the city council is that
the city may have lost in court, but the court told us how we can make it
unreasonable for any radio amateur to have any antennas that are effective
and we can do it legally, so we will.

If I read the proposal correctly to have a tower than is no more than 25
feet higher than an existing structure you must get all your neighbors
signatures saying they have no objection, you must justify why you need THAT
MUCH height, you must tell the city how much power you will use (???) and
the city can hire a "consultant" to determine if your justification is
reasonable..... at YOUR expense. Want to guess how much putting in 5
sections of 25G just went up to in the city of Palmdale, if you can do it
all?

I understand why they are excited.

Dave NT6AA