Re: [TowerTalk] Tramming a 6M beam

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tramming a 6M beam
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:36:05 -0400
I've put up a number of large antennas using this method and as Bill said it
works great - even with no helpers.

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:48:57 EDT

Since the beam isn't all that heavy and the tower isn't all that tall, why
go through all the trouble of rigging a tram line.

Simply hook a pulley on top of the mast with a rope running to the  ground.
 Then drop the one set of guy wires and haul it up past the dropped  guys
to the top (obviously do not cliimb the tower while it is unguyed).
Reattach the guy wires, climb top the top and put the antenna on the mast
and
then
work the world.

I've done the above with a 4 el 40 using the truck to pull the beam up  the
tower to 80 feet with no helpers.  It is the only was to go.

Now, for tall towers a tram or a trolley is a necessity.

Billl KH7XS