[TowerTalk] Rohn 25g Tower Jacks

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25g Tower Jacks
From: ac9s@mchsi.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:45:28 +0000
Hi,

I purchased one last year when I helped a friend take down an old 65' stick of
Rohn 45.  It worked great!  I had no problem jacking the sections apart; I am
not sure you need more than one jack.  I jacked on each leg sequentially while
my buddy kept tension on the gin pole.  All sections came apart with ease - a
much simpler process than I have had in the past with small hydraulic jacks,
2x4s, etc on Rohn 25.  One thing - tie a short rope with a snap hook to the
bottom of the tool so you won't drop it.

In retrospect I was a little cheap.  I should have gotten the version with the
hooks for pulling tower legs together.  It would have probably made tower
erection as easy as disassembly.  No - I don't want to sell mine, but I do
heartily endorse the product.  I picked mine up from the manufacturer's web
site.

Keith
AC9S