Re: [TowerTalk] [ct-user] CT on Vista - any hope of doingthis quickly?

To: "Richard M. Gillingham" <rmoodyg@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [ct-user] CT on Vista - any hope of doingthis quickly?
From: John Kemker <john@kemker.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 20:56:50 -0400
I'm using HamRadio Deluxe connected to my Kenwood TS2000 and an Idiom
Press rotor card for my Yaesu G1000SDX.  My serial ports are both coming
off an IOGear dual-port USB-RS232 converter.  I'm running Windows XP
64-bit.  No problems with the serial ports whatsoever.

Cheaper USB-RS232 converters are problematic.  Mine cost under $30 total
at Fry's.

--JohnK
73 de W5NNH
10X 75371/M&M 117/SMIRK 6185/Six Club 285/TRA 2499/Norcross 228 F&AM

Richard M. Gillingham wrote:
> That's what I've done.  I replaced my older computer about a year ago with a
> new one.  I had it loaded with XP Pro Svc Pk 3 and installed a 4 port serial
> PCI card.  It works flawlessly with all thequipment and with my rotor using
> the Idiom Press interface.  I'd had problems using the usb/rs232 dongles.
>
> If you're using a laptop, you'll have to figure something else.
>
> Best luck
> Gil, W1RG

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090805-1, 08/05/2009
Tested on: 8/5/2009 8:56:51 PM