[TowerTalk] How to waterproof a split coax feed to yagi?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to waterproof a split coax feed to yagi?
From: <trappaport@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 7:44:25 +0000
To feed my Force 12 HF yagis, I plan to wind my own coax baluns (8 turns of
coax, 8" diameter - sound reasonable?), and would like to simply spilt the
LMR400 coax feedline, with the ground braid going to one side of the dipole
element, and the center conductor to the other.

I am wondering what is the best way to **waterproof** the split coax. Is there
some type of goop or sealant that has excellent waterproofing and UV
resistance, that I can use to keep water from seeping into the coax? I would
welcome any thoughts and sources....neither Home Depot or Lowes had anything
that seemed like it would work.
73 and thanks. Ted N9NB (trappaport@austin.rr.com)