Re: [TowerTalk] How to waterproof a split coax feed to yagi?0

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to waterproof a split coax feed to yagi?0
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 22:04:12 +0000
Actually its not that hard... flatten and heavily tin a couple inches of the
braid then put on a layer of duct seal and use scotch 33 or another good
tape to firmly wrap it so it covers any un-tinned braid that you leave for
flexibility and at least part of the tinned end.  Do basically the same for
the center conductor, wrap another layer or two over the whole thing...
usually about 1/3-1/2 a roll of tape for a 6-8" split for a big feedpoint is
about right.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net