Re: [TowerTalk] Resonance is over rated

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Resonance is over rated
From: "Clay W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 13:45:30 -0700
The definition of electrical resonance is when the circuit reactance is
zero.  An antenna has zero reactance and is only resistive at it's resonant
frequency.  A perfect dummy load has no reactance on any frequency and is
resonant on all frequencies.  Resonance has absolutely nothing to do with
the ability of an electrical circuit (antennas and dummy loads are both
electrical circuits) to radiate electromagnetic energy.

73,
Clay  W7CE