Re: [TowerTalk] two benefits of postings on Re: Resonance is over rated

To: "'Al Williams'" <radioman007@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] two benefits of postings on Re: Resonance is over rated
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 23:12:37 -0500
I think that he was referring to the end result of the total circuit. It may
have capacitive and inductive components in it but the capacitive ones will
exhibit a negative reactance and the inductive a positive reactance.
The resulting impedance will be either resistive, if resonant, or it will be
resistive with a capacitive reactance or resistive with an inductive
reactance. It can not have inductive and capacitive reactance together in
the end result.

73
Gary K4FMX