Re: [TowerTalk] One thrust bearing vs. two

To: "Chris Pedder" <chris@g3vbl.co.uk>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] One thrust bearing vs. two
From: "Dubovsky, George" <George.Dubovsky@andrew.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:59:16 -0400
Chris,

I think you will find that Rohn was only referring to "their" thrust
bearing, the TB-3 family. There are other bearings and bushings used,
and often required,  in antenna installations that cheerfully accept
axial as well as radial thrust. Some antenna installations deviate from
the simple tribander-on-a-stick, and an analysis of the forces presented
to the tower/mast/rotator combination might well dictate the use of one
(or two) bearings that are capable of handling the forces. Rohn, Create,
CDR, etc have no way of knowing exactly what your installation entails,
and while it would be foolish to disregard whatever recommendations they
offer in the use of their products, they should not be looked to as the
ultimate authority on YOUR installation.

73,

geo - n4ua