Re: [TowerTalk] inductance of tubing vs bar or strip

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] inductance of tubing vs bar or strip
From: "Steve, W3AHL" <w3ahl@att.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:08:04 -0400
That's why I posted some actual measurements early on in this thread.   I
couldn't find a model for a inductance of "straight wire over lossy earth".
The absolute accuracy of my quick tests probably aren't up to lab standards,
but the relative comparisons are, for the specific set-up I used at least.

A lossy ground plane just shows less increase in inductance than a perfect
ground plane.

Steve, W3AHL