Re: [TowerTalk] Folded dipole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Folded dipole
From: Tom Horton <k5iid@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
Back in the day (1950s) I used folded dipoles. The beauty of a simple folded
dipole was that you could use 300 ohm TV twinlead to make and feed the antenna.
No need for an antenna tuner. The matching was handled by the transmitter
Pi-network. Oh, the simple days Hi.
You could throw up just about anything and get it to match the transmitter
Virtually no one used coax for TV reception then, so twinlead was available
everywhere, even the hardware section of the grocery stores.
Oh yeah... we had to log every contact and we had to do it by hand...Some
things are really better today, huh?
73
 Tom K5IID

Tom Horton K5IID