Re: [TowerTalk] EHS vs Phillystran

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EHS vs Phillystran
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:56:25 -0600
Friends of mine have been using amsteel blue rope on their Jeep
winches for several years now; it's good stuff.  Easier and safer to
handle than wire rope for winching applications, and less chance of
getting lacerated if it were to break.  I wonder how it holds up to
UV?  I would be a little skiddish trying it on a tower application,
since as of now I've never heard of anyone using it and don't know
what kind of long term reliability it has.  But it certainly seems
strong enough.  Is anyone using it?

Chris
KF7P