Re: [TowerTalk] Dual rotor control

To: "Jon Casamajor" <k6el@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dual rotor control
From: "KB1H" <kb1h@ct.metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 15:38:59 -0400
Hi Jon -

We use a very simple and maybe too crude method here as we may have to have
a rotor control in one of four locations.

The cable from the tower is terminated with a 8-Pin Jones Female plug on a
subpanel. The rotor box has a pigtail with the mating Male connector on the
end. Depending on what position needs what rotor we plug the rotor control
into the appropriate tower/rotor.

Yes, we have four rotor controls but it can be the same with one rotor
control that can be moved to either position. The pigtail can be long enough
for both positions or you can run a jumper cable from the Female on the
subpanel to each position again with matching connectors.

I am sure there are other ways just as simple or more complicated.

Good luck.
Dick

Visit "The Barnstormers Contest Group - NZ1U"
website http://www.qsl.net/kb1h/

24/7 Webcam Link on the website

Email KB1H@arrl.net   YCCC----> http://www.yccc.org/

KB1H DXSpider Node ------>  dxc.kb1h.com port 7300