Re: [TowerTalk] Dual rotor control

To: "'Jon Casamajor'" <k6el@comcast.net>, "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dual rotor control
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:28:35 -0400
The easiest way to control a Tailtwister or HAM series rotor
from two locations is simply to parallel two control boxes
with a couple minor modifications.

1) In one control box remove the 1/8 A fuse from the meter
   board.  This will be the "second" control box.

2) connect like terminals (1,2,3,5,6 & 7) in parallel between
   the two boxes.  Do not connect terminals 4 and 7 of the
   second control box.

Note - the "brake" LED will light on both boxes whenever
either box is in use.  DO NOT attempt to move the antenna
if the brake light is ON!   It will be best if both boxes
are connected to the same power circuit (breaker) but it
is not necessary if precautions are taken to prevent
simultaneous operation.

This does not work with the "DCU-1" or digital controllers.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV