[TowerTalk] tramming vs. "riding the rope"

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] tramming vs. "riding the rope"
From: ac9s@mchsi.com
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 21:11:50 +0000
When I tram antennas I run the tram line through a pulley attached a couple of
feed up the mast and "back guy" it to the ground on the opposite side of the
tower as the pull.  That way I equalize force on the mast.  I usually only hang
the antenna a foot or so below the tram line and usually create a sling on the
antenna to help it hang straight.  When I put my Steppir up I drilled a couple
of holes in each corner of the Boom to mast plate and created wire rope sling
which then hung from the tram pully.  It went up as slick as could be.

Keith
AC9S