Re: [TowerTalk] LINE FOR tree strung dipoles

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LINE FOR tree strung dipoles
From: Ian Hill - K8MM <ihk8mm@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:55:42 -0400
The cloth covered bungee last about two years out in the WX here in MI.
So every other spring I lower the antenna and replace the bungee. There
are those who say its a terrible idea, but I'm pretty sure that they
have not been through everything that I have trying while to keep
antennas up in the woods. I've found that pulleys jam or you have to add
so much counter weight to them that the antenna parts eventually break
from a sudden gust.

Ian - K8MM