Re: [TowerTalk] Guying 3 inch Irrigation Pipe

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Pat Chiles <chilesp@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying 3 inch Irrigation Pipe
From: Craig Ervin <z50r@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:48:23 -0800 (PST)
Weld some ears on it.   Make a collar that clamps around the tube with
attachment points.  Still need to bolt or weld to the pipe.   I would put it at
the end of a section of pipe and reach inside and attach some nuts.    I would
worry about just having a clamp, as it could slide under heavy tension.  But
they make some huge exhaust clamps that might work.  The good news is that
several people have these up and workng, so maybe a google search is
needed.  click  here or here  one more here, but would not use a open loop
hook, weld it shut or get a welded or forge one.

good read here too, with some guy details here
http://www.n6rk.com/irrigation.html