Re: [TowerTalk] Guying 3 inch Irrigation Pipe

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying 3 inch Irrigation Pipe
From: Ed Smith <w4eds@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:51:40 -0800 (PST)
I take a 12 inch length of the pipe, remove .3 inch along the length, insert 6
inches into each pipe and attach with about 16 1/8 inch dia aluminum pop
rivets. The resulting pipe is smooth and strong enough for one man to push up
63 feet, alone. I also install 3 larger rivets and angles for guying. I do this
at two levels with 1/8 inch delrin and it is very sturdy. I have had no
problems with ice retention or high winds.

73,

Ed Smith  W4EDS
Spencer,VA