Re: [TowerTalk] Radial Wires VS a wire or screen mesh

To: "N4NW" <n4nw@n4nw.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radial Wires VS a wire or screen mesh
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:22:58 -0800
I made my own mesh, with a 3 by 3 foot grid of wires.
I tried driving a 40 meter vertical against it, and discovered
that this mesh size is too coarse, and I still needed radials.
I ran them out 25 feet and then tied them into the grid, which
has a diameter of 230 feet.  This seems to work well.

Rick N6RK