Re: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD problem
From: "James Wolf" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 23:14:27 -0400
Jorge,

The loading coil should measure very low resistance, less than a couple
ohms.
I would replace the screws that hold the wire to the elements in the loading
coil with Stainless.  Unfortunately, you must cut off the heatshrink on the
and will cause intermittent connections.  I have not checked, but Maybe
Cushcraft can supply the heatshrink.  Before heating the new heatshrink, put
a 'small' layer of silicon glue between the element and the shrink at the
ends of the heatshrink as a moisture barrier.

Jim, KR9U