Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical dipoles

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical dipoles
From: John Tait <johnei7ba@eircom.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:27:45 +0000

Jim Brown wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 01:22:21 +0000, John Tait wrote:
>

>> They are all at about 55ft at the highest point.
>>

> I'm missing a lot in your email. First, you say you're talking about
> a vertical dipole for 160M, and that the highest point is 55 ft. How
> can that be?  A half wave on 160M is 80M, which is about 260 ft.

 Yes I am I am talking dipoles here..The dipoles have single wire
capacity hats at either end, which is the most efficient way of loading
them.  The bottom capacity hat wire is 10ft over ground, and the top hat
is at 55ft.  all the details are at
http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/low_band_antennae.htm#My%20TX%20Antennae
Rudy's N6LF original QEX articles are at
http://rudys.typepad.com/ant/files/antenna_vertical_groundplane.pdf
and at  http://rudys.typepad.com/ant/files/antenna_vertical_loaded.pdf

      Vy 73
                      John EI7BA