Re: [TowerTalk] M2 20M5 SWR - WX0B SIXPACK

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 20M5 SWR - WX0B SIXPACK
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:28:46 -0500
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2008-09/msg00225.html

From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:31:29 -0200

Hi,

Well, really not good after know I bought a $450 box and will not be able to
use it all times.

I have all setup properly, according to sixpack manual it´s connected to a
reliable 13.8V power supply (same Kenwood PS I used to power the radio) and
not to a 12V wall plug supply.

So if I need to change for another power supply for more than 13.8 volts
just will be different as the manual suggest.

Anyway, I use it for MS or SO2R contests, so I need to use it, but need it
to work properly.

I think that any box you add to the station is decreasing the quality of the
setup. You need all this for a easy way to change bands, antennas, protect
RX, but seems hard to find the right one.

Thanks to all the people for the feedback!

Happy New Year 2010!!

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W