Re: [TowerTalk] M2 20M5 SWR - WX0B SIXPACK

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 20M5 SWR - WX0B SIXPACK
From: Charles Gerarden <cgerarden@atomix.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 16:28:24 -0700
I have owned 2 SIXPACKS and they both work poorly. I removed keepers,
increased voltage, and still get intermittent problems. I have talked to
Jay about this ( as have many others) and he refuses to acknowledge it
is an engineering problem. His response has been "it is guaranteed, send
it back" a little hard to send it back during the contest. I don't
consider bending relay springs a correct fix for a design issue.I hope
his EIGHTPACK is better engineered. I have been a ham for almost 40
years and almost never had to screw around with relay springs. This
single product has blown more amplifiers, including mine, than any other
I know of. There are a lot really pissed off people who have purchased
this product and have fought it. Gee how hard can it be to design one of
these? No offense Jay, but you really need to own up this the problems
this product has caused.