Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Guy article in CQ

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Guy article in CQ
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:10:22 -0500
K1TTT wrote:

> Look at the message this started from, it was an obviously asymmetric
> situation so that is what I was addressing.

Yep, and there are extremely asymmetric commercial towers which perhaps
would serve to illustrate this - namely the Western Union so called
H-Frame, which is basically two guyed towers with each tower guyed to
the other in one direction. So each tower has normal slanted guys in two
directions, and horizontal guys in the third.

The horizontal guys will of course have much less pre-tension than the
slanted guys in order to have equal *horizontal* force applied all around.

-Steve K8LX