Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a tower....Heresy to follow..... True statement!

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a tower....Heresy to follow..... True statement!
From: "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:50:50 -0500
Yes, A lot has been learned from trial and error.  If someone were to care
to remind the masses of the number of news reports about people putting up
antennas that were killed, or guys removing beams from a tower that were
killed, etc, it might be a cruel but timely reminder.  But a greater concern
and in my mind a greater curiosity prevails: why do some fly in the face of
(1) a manufacturer's recommendation(s) and (2)  others not listen to the
people who frequent this reflector, who sponsor and uphold this reflector,
and who participate in the round table discussions about safe and accepted
principles and techniques, merely to prove one's own stubbornness?  It sure
makes for interesting reading. But you wonder which one of the stubborn ones
will be next on the news at 11:00. Do you family a favor and be sure to have
your insurance paid up. - Mike