Re: [TowerTalk] Single Tower, All Band Solution ?

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Single Tower, All Band Solution ?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:20:38 -0500
One thing to be careful of, particularly if you buy one used - a friend
of mine had a T-10 up for about 10 years in Massachusetts, and when he
took it down for a move, he discovered that the boom was full of fatigue
cracks, and he was advised by a pro to send it to the  scrap heap rather
than try to repair it.  His situation may have been particularly hard on
antennas, but....

73, Pete N4ZR
Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com