Re: [TowerTalk] Using Stubs to Reject Harmonics

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using Stubs to Reject Harmonics
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:29:30 -0800
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 15:05:48 -0500, Gary Schafer wrote:

>Tom has it exactly right.

Yes, as always, Tom's logic make perfect sense to me as
well, for exactly the reasons you noted. I did the math
mentally, you put it in an email. :)

BUT -- at Rick correctly notes, the last component in the
output stage of my amp, a Titan 425, is NOT a shunt cap,
it's an inductor. That is, beginning with the tube, shunt
cap (tapped per band and tuned), series L (tapped per band),
shunt cap (tapped per band and tuned), and series L (tapped
per band).

73,

Jim K9YC