Re: [TowerTalk] XM-240 Shorty-Forty: X-Hat Modification

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] XM-240 Shorty-Forty: X-Hat Modification
From: "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 22:23:06 -0500
A lot of the older Cuschraft VHF antennas that had those trigon ( as they
called them ) reflectors had issues with elements falling off due to
vibration in many cases. I would think that idea that they are weak at the
attachment point is probably right.  Would be nice to find some new way of
dancin' that's for sure. That antenna probably gets to singing in the wind
and the vibration ( and possibly the BIRDS ) due those elements no good at
all.  - Mike