Re: [TowerTalk] RG-6

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RG-6
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:56:25 -0800
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:18:39 -0700, Barrie Smith wrote:

>Well, I wish to thank all you fellows for your help with the "bum" RG-6.

Not "Bum," simply different from what you were expecting. It is probably
decent RG6, designed for use in MATV systems. Light weight, optimized for
VHF/UHF, built so that it can be quickly terminated with inexpensive
connectors. As I said in a post only a week or so ago, RG numbers tell us
VERY little about coax.

Now, this coax ought to work quite well for your RX antennas. Most of us use
something like this, including me.

73,

Jim K9YC