Re: [TowerTalk] Why time delay on UST MDPL?

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>, richard@karlquist.com, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why time delay on UST MDPL?
From: ny9h <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:01:21 -0500
I may be coming in late on this ,,,
my MDPL ,,, a manual control,  without their remote .......would
continue upward if one flicks the manual switch downward quickly. The
only apparent change is that one has switched the limit switches,,
now engaging the bottom limit switch.   And that seems to me to allow
the tower to continue upward...past the top limit switch, toward the
mechanical stop. OOPSs...
I made my own remote and incorporated several time delay relays to
allow the motor to come to a stop,,, before going any direction. Once
stopped, the motor would reverse if switched to do so .

bill NY9H