Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna Problem

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>, <tdxs-list@tdxs.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna Problem
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 20:28:24 -0700
Could be coax

CC Packet Cluster W0MU-1
W0MU.NET or  67.40.148.194

never get over." Ben Franklin

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Chuck
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:02 PM
To: tdxs-list@tdxs.net; Tower and HF antenna construction topics.
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna Problem

I have been trying to repair my 4 beverage antennas.  Wires and terminations
are good.  2 of the beverages work well, 2 are "dead"  I have checked the
coax and connectors are ok.  Other than broken wires, what can go wrong with
the transformer?  What the heck am I missing?  Short to the core?  I will
try moving a transformer from a working Beverage to a dead one to see if
that is the problem.  Both "dead" ones have RG-59 coax with foil and shield
to them.  The working ones have other types of coax. All have transformers
from ON4UN that used to work great.  3 are 600' one is 800'  the 800' and
one 600' are not working.

I guess I should try the substitution of another transformer first...

Thanks

Chuck W5PR