Re: [TowerTalk] Radio Shack Nostalgia was: coaxial stripper

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radio Shack Nostalgia was: coaxial stripper
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:14:51 -0500
Yeah, wasn't that great?  I had an FTDX-560 transceiver that used a pair
of sweep tubes for 400 watts input.  Periodically, they would get hot
enough to melt the envelope or do some other odd thing, or simply just
loose emission, and I'd take them in and get another set.  In those
days, one of their senior corporate guys was an avid ham.  The name Ed
Juge comes to mind, but maybe somebody knows for sure.  It sure is a
different ball-game now.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com