Re: [TowerTalk] Mixing concrete for a base

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mixing concrete for a base
From: "Don Snider" <dsnider@rhrs.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:06:17 -0500
How about the quick-dry concrete used for fence posts? Can this be used for
towers? My hamshack is on Chincoteague island with a water table about 18
inches down. Most people use the quick dry concrete for general projects
because it will dry in the water but is it strong enough for an antenna
base? The only other option may be to put well taps in and pump the water
our while the concrete drys.

Thoughts?

Don
N3MK