Re: [TowerTalk] Help separating aluminum tubes

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help separating aluminum tubes
From: charlie carroll <k1xx@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:59:21 -0400
One of the tricks I've used, admittedly on larger diameter (2 & 3")
material, is anchoring one end of a piece of tubing to a tree and then a
come along to the other end and another tree.  I've been able to pull
apart pieces with 2-4 foot overlap.  No reason the same approach won't
work for small tubing.

In one case, even this approach didn't work.  I resorted to a dremel
tool and put a slit down the length of the overlap in the outter piece
of tubing.  You have to have a light touch or you end up with a slit in
both pieces of tubing.  Admittedly in this approach, you lose the length
of the overlap due to the slit.

73 charlie, k1xx