Re: [TowerTalk] Trouble mounting T-2X

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trouble mounting T-2X
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:38:34 -0400

Bill Aycock wrote:
> The owners manual says the bolts are 5/16-18, 1 5/8 long. The manual shows a
> diagram with some unthreaded length.
> Bill-W4BSG

It's the hole that needs to be threaded all the way through. Normally
the unthreaded portion of a bolt is smaller than the threaded portion.

No lines on the head, like one to each flat or so?  Then it's a low
grade, which is fine in this case.
>> and a standard 1/2" socket fits a little loose and
>> not a snug as I expected, so I wonder if its metric?  Probably made in
>> China.

Unless they've changed recently the bolts should still be 5/16-18 unless
some one accidentally slipped in the wrong bolts.  More than once I've
picked up bolts at the big box stores and found  a few "odd" ones in
there. IE...sorted by customer.

73

Roger (K8RI)