Re: [TowerTalk] Hex Beam

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hex Beam
From: Dean Cookson <dean.cookson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:51:07 -0700
Barrie,
I've got one of K4KIO's 5 banders and have been very happy with it.  It's
small, light and survives the high winds we get during storms at my house.
I've currently got it mounted much too low (25 ft or so) and it still does very
well.  The Alpha-Delta DX-CC I have up at about 45ft beats it on axis due to
the height but the hex-beam usually wins more than 45deg off axis.

I can't say enough good things about K4KIO or his service either.  If you
decide to buy a kit rather than building yourself, you can't go wrong giving
Leo your business.

73,
Dean - W6GS