Re: [TowerTalk] TOWAIR query - proximity to airport, FCC and FAA regist

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TOWAIR query - proximity to airport, FCC and FAA registration
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 20:22:51 -0400
eight months ago i was looking for a nice hill/ ridge top property. I
found one ... which was somewhat near a county operated airport...  I
was 3500 feet off the side.... perpendicular to the runway and not in
the 'fly around path' or whatever that is called....

anyway I went to the local township office about my need for a
building permit for the base etc,,,,
he indicated , as i suspected , that I would need no permit,,,,
HOWEVER I MIGHT TALK TO THE GUYS AT THE AIRPORT.... AND HE SHOWED ME
THE MAP.... which indicated I was in the horizontal  plane and too
high ,,,actually the ridge is too high ,,,
the homes are too high... the sheds and the lawn mower are all too high ,,,,

I put an 80 tower into both the FAA & FCC  web apps   my 80 foot
tower was 210 feet too tall.....

on to the next property , which i did buy ,   and is 200 feet from
the "care zone" of the FAA. ...

so I can go to 199 feet now.....

( my new across the road neighbor ( 40 acres)  is an inactive senior

bill   / 3