Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Light

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Light
From: "Jim in Waco WB5OXQ" <wb5oxq@grandecom.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 12:44:10 -0500
My bulb fails at least once a year.  I just get a 12volt pea lamp with wire
leads and use rubber cement to hold it in place so it can be removed when it
burns out.  One of the new bright led's would last a very long time but
would need a different power supply since they seem to use around 3-4 volts
dc and my rotator powers the lamp with 12 vac.
Perhaps using the correct value resistor and a small diode in series with
the led you could make a permanent fix that would never burn out.
I welcome others suggestions to this.  Jim  WB5OXQ.