[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G Tower Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G Tower Help
From: "Chuck Hogg" <Chuck@shelbybb.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:05:59 -0400
Hello:

I was referred to post here from a friend of another list.  We purchased
a WISP and are doing tower maintenance on one of their towers.  I was
going to replace the guy wires, bolts, redo the anchors (not a big fan
of how it is done), install guy wire brackets, etc.  Essentially it is a
complete overhaul of the tower.

The tower is 150' Rohn 25G.  The guy anchors are placed at 51', 51', and
44' from the base (can't be any more because of the lot).  Rohn used to
have a PDF document going over the requirements for anchors, guy wires,
etc. for different guy anchor positions.  I cannot find this document,
and all I can find is the standard one with the standard 120' anchor
placement from the base.  Do any of you have any recommendations or
documentation on how to figure out the correct materials to be used to
support this tower?  Moving the guy anchor positions out is not an
option.

Regards,

Chuck Hogg

Shelby Broadband