Re: [TowerTalk] 7-16 Din?

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 7-16 Din?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 03:15:01 -0400

Jim Miller wrote:
> In the current discussion of N/UHF connectors the 7-16DIN was
> mentioned and I googled it to see what it was all about.
>
> Is this popular outside of the US?
>
> What improvements does it have over the N?

Better fit, better construction, more rugged, higher ratings to higher
frequencies, and just generally better all the way around.  I under
stand the cell and cable companies are standardizing on them (for other
than the 75 ohm hard line) so with the large market the price *should*
be coming down and the availability going up.  They kinds look like an N
connector on steroids, but they really are much better.  As Hector said,
they are the ones the big boys are using.

73

Roger (K8RI)